Join this course and learn the Major Triads and their inversions in twelve keys in the lower positions. We’ll explore all the aspects of musical knowledge and technique involved playing these triads on the instrument.
The concepts and skills you’ll gain:
- Using the Major Scale to establish the notes of the Major triad and learning these notes
- Locating Major Triad runs on the fingerboard
- Shifting between positions and wide intervals
- Leaping between positions using open strings
- Playing in tune and learning ways to check intonation
- Adjusting finger patterns to gain a logical fingering
- Alternate finger patterns to be able to play the same run different ways
- Recognizing common finger patterns
- Twelve Exercises to solidify each Major triad and their inversions
- Basic reading skills as you read through the sheet music
These will stay with us and will be a very valuable guide in our future endeavours of playing the acoustic bass.
Check out the Course lesson plan below. The free lessons and resources will give you a great sample of the Course content so take advantage of them.
The Course comes with a dedicated Forum where enrolled Students can ask questions about any aspects of the material covered.
We hope to be of help as you establish your Musical and Technical foundations and wish you great success with your Double Bass playing!
Major Triads in Lower Positions Course
Learn the Major Triads in all Keys. Improve your Musicianship and Technique!
Beginner Double Bass Technical Studies Bundle
Join the Double Bass Technical Studies Bundle and get this Course along with the Major Scales, Natural Minor Scales and Minor Triads Courses