About major scales in lower positions
During this course you will learn the major scales in twelve keys in the lower positions. We will explore all the aspects of musical knowledge and technique involved in playing these scales on the lower part of the double bass.
The skills and techniques you learn from this course will stay with you and will be a valuable guide in your future endeavours of playing the acoustic bass.
We hope to be of help as you establish your musical and technical foundations and wish you great success with your double bass playing!
What you will learn from this course
The concepts and skills you'll gain:
- Establish each major scale using it's structure
- Locating the scale runs on the fingerboard
- Shifting between positions
- Playing in tune and learning ways to check intonation
- Adjusting finger patterns to gain a logical fingering
- Alternate finger patterns to be able to play the same scale different ways
- Recognising common finger patterns
- Basic reading skills as you read through the sheet music
What is included in major scales in lower positions
This course contains:
- 15 lessons
- 15 videos (totalling over 2 hours)
- 12 sheets of accompanying music
- 12 playalong tracks
- A free consultation lesson online
Introduction - An introduction to the course where you will learn major scales in lower positions
Second And Third Interim Position
Third And Fourth Interim Position
You may also be interested in...
Major Triads In Lower Positions
During this course you will use the major scale structure to establish the notes of the major triad in all twelve keys. You will learn how to locate these notes on the lower part of the double bass while having the opportunity to pick up basic reading skills.
Minor Scales In Lower Positions
This course will teach you the minor scales in twelve keys in the lower positions using the major scale to determine the notes. You will learn how to shift between positions on the neck and how to check intonation.
Create Simple Bass Lines
For the modern beginning and intermediate double bassist. This comprehensive course will hugely develop your skills and understanding of creating bass lines. You will learn to identify key centers, develop your ears, gain fingerboard knowledge, improve your sight reading and successfully build your own bass lines over the frequently used 2-5-1 progression.