About major triads in lower positions
During this course you will learn all twelve one octave major triads in the lower positions. We will explore all the aspects of musical knowledge and technique involved playing these major triads on the lower part of the double bass.
The skills and techniques you learn from this course will stay with you and will be a valuable guide in your future endeavours of playing the acoustic bass.
We hope to be of help as you establish your musical and technical foundations and wish you great success with your double bass playing!
What you will learn from this course
These concepts and skills:
- Using the major scale structure to establish the notes of a triad and learning these notes
- Locating notes on the fingerboard
- Shifting between positions and wide intervals
- Leaping between positions using open strings
- Playing in tune and learning ways to check intonation
- Adjusting finger patterns to gain a logical fingering
- Alternate finger patterns to be able to play the same run different ways
- Recognizing common finger patterns
- Basic reading skills as you have read through the sheet music
What is included in major triads in lower positions
This course contains:
- 15 lessons
- 15 videos (totalling over 2 hours)
- 14 sheets of accompanying music
- 12 playalong tracks
- A free consultation lesson online
Second And Third Interim Position
Third And Fourth Interim Position
You may also be interested in...
Minor Scales In Lower Positions
This course will teach you the minor scales in twelve keys in the lower positions using the major scale to determine the notes. You will learn how to shift between positions on the neck and how to check intonation.
Minor Triads In Lower Positions
During this course you will use the natural minor scale structure to establish the notes of the minor triad in all twelve keys. You will learn alternate finger patterns enabling you to play the same run different ways, while learning how to recognize common finger patterns.
Create Simple Bass Lines
For the modern beginning and intermediate double bassist. This substantial and comprehensive course will hugely develop your skills and understanding of creating bass lines.
During the programme we take you through three bassline options in every key, building up by using important chord tones. You will learn to identify key centers, develop your ears, gain fingerboard knowledge, improve your sight reading and successfully build your own bass lines over the frequently used 2-5-1 progression.