About minor scales in lower positions
During this course you will learn the natural minor scales in twelve keys in the lower positions. We will explore all the aspects of musical knowledge and technique involved playing these scales on the lower part of the double bass.
The skills and techniques you learn from this course will stay with you and will be a valuable guide in your future endeavours of playing the acoustic bass.
We hope to be of help as you establish your musical and technical foundations and wish you great success with your double bass playing!
What you will learn from this course
These concepts and skills:
- Using the major scale to determine the notes of the natural minor scale and learning these notes
- Locating notes on the fingerboard
- Shifting between positions as we advance on the neck
- Playing in tune and learning ways to check intonation
- Adjusting finger patterns to gain a logical fingering
- Alternate finger patterns to be able to play the same run different ways
- Recognizing common finger patterns
- Basic reading skills as you have read through the sheet music
What is included in minor scales in lower positions
This course contains:
- 14 lessons
- 14 videos (totalling over an hour and a half)
- 13 sheets of accompanying music
- 12 playalong tracks
Second And Third Interim Position
Third And Fourth Interim Position
You may also be interested in...
Minor Triads In Lower Positions
During this course you will use the natural minor scale structure to establish the notes of the minor triad in all twelve keys. You will learn alternate finger patterns enabling you to play the same run different ways, while learning how to recognize common finger patterns.
Create Simple Bass Lines
For the modern beginner and intermediate double bassist, this substantial and comprehensive course will hugely develop your skills of creating bass lines. It will take you through many different options from basic to more advanced solutions.
Double Bass Technical Studies Bundle
This bundle is made up of the four double bass courses - major scales, major triads, natural minor scales and natural minor triads (all in the lower position). Develop your understanding of music and learn the techniques required to play the musical content discussed in these comprehensive, consecutive courses.